Friday, January 22, 2010

What do you say to someone who is extremely upset about something you have NO CONTROL over at work? You are?

Customer Service...Just say what I have been saying..';I understand';,,,,';I understand';..Can I connect you to our Supervisor?';...because some of these people are making me very upset...to the point of just saying...';I need to quit';, but cannot afford to? Please honest answers....What do you say to someone who is extremely upset about something you have NO CONTROL over at work? You are?
';I understand'; is a good starting point. You might ask them what can you do to ';fix the situation'; next. In other words, don't just ';understand'; but also offer to ';fix the situation';. You might remember to ';not take it personally!'; You are the first person to intercept for problems. So, try to fix it upfront. You might also say to them that ';I are here to help, so slow down and let me try to figure out how to make you happy';. Another great approach is to ask the complainer: ';What would make you happy?';





If you are unsuccessful, then you could always connect the customer through to the supervisor. Do a good job and one day you will be the supervisor!





You can use variations of these ideas to fit your own comfort level.

No comments:

Post a Comment