Sunday, January 24, 2010

Have you ever been rejected for something you had no control over?

Have any of you been rejected/excluded in the GLBT/wider community for something/some things you had no control over such as your race, height, looks, etc.? If so, what were they and were you hurt from it (be honest)?





I recently found somebody online who shared everything in common with me (liked everything i liked, has same favourite things as I did, same pet, same personality and more) and thought he was the World to me.





We then met offline/in real life and although we had such a great time and laughed heaps together, he ended up saying I was everything he ever wanted in a mate and more and if only I wasn't Asian, he'd date me in a heartbeat.





I put on a brave face and then headed home but it was honestly tearing me apart inside and was a pain I'd never experienced before... Don't remember hurting that much well ever... :(





I've been told before as well by various other potential dates/guys that they'd date me under the conditions that I had to act like I didn't know them when they are around their 'friends' or when their 'friends' see them in public with me.





*sighs*


Have you ever been rejected for something you had no control over?
Yes, but that guy rejecting you was uncalled for...didn't he know you were Asian? Here's something funny, I was interested in this guy a few years back, anyway one thing led to another and we were going to go out...he smiled at me and said, ';I don't know what it is about you, you're not attractive...'; I couldn't believe he said that to me, and to top it off I saw the guy he ended up dating, a real uggo. It goes to show, some guys just don't know a good thing when it's right in front of them. It sounds like you have a great personality, don't let one or even a few miserable jerks get you down. Have you ever been rejected for something you had no control over?
Josie reaches out and gives you a warm hug.





That is so racist. Why can't people look past the outer shell and see the person behind the mask. I'm trans and I get judged everyday by homophobes. It seems as though only women are able to look past the outside to see whats really on the inside.
Oh yeah plenty of times.





It's rather annoying to see folks so shallow in that regard.
yes...
I've never experienced anything like this but I'm appalled about how some people have treated you.





Firstly, the guy who said about he would date you if you weren't Asian needs to stop being so shallow! I honestly believe if you are on the same wavelength as someone and have everything good in common then it should honestly not matter what they look like. You should feel proud and good in yourself that you were able to get rid of him when you did. You deserve better than that!





A lot of homosexuals can do the whole ';pretend we aren't a couple'; thing, but again, I think this is offensive towards you. Maybe you should totally put yourself first, because you're obviously being hurt when you put yourself second. If you aren't happy with something, like ';not being allowed to be gay in public';, then say something. Don't stay with anyone who makes you miserable.
Yes.


For my nose.


I was born with a nose deformity which causes pronunciation problems.


My vocabulary is better than a lot of my fellows, but it is only seen in my writings...that's all.





Speaking always causes problems, and this is why I was never invited to take part in Public speaking, Elocution, debates or Drama...but I am always asked to write the drama instead.





I do wish to take part in them, but my nose...





Well, it's something I must live with, because doctors can't fix it.





%26lt;:^_^:%26gt;


Have a Good day!


XxPenguin HugsxX
Don't let the ignorant comments of one jerk tear you down.





We will all get blindsided once or twice - at least - in our lives over something like that. I've been bald since I was in my teens - there have been a few jerks who simply won't date someone without a FABULOUS head of hair. Do I care? Nah. Someone that shallow isn't worth my time anyway.





It's unfortunate that you connected on many levels. But it's better you find this out now than later.





Sorry - this sucks. :(
Yes, I've experienced the same...but, take it for what it is...a great lesson on human ignorance. The guy was a jerk...it just took meeting him in person to find out. And, had you gotten along...it may have taken a while, but I'll bet...in a long term relationship...that he would have turned out to be 'controlling' AND 'abusive'...so, count your blessings... Everyone has preferences, however, most people have enough 'class' to, at least, be kind... Calling him a 'jerk' doesn't even come close to what he really is... He's really done you a great favour by tipping his cards...dump him...

No comments:

Post a Comment