Sunday, January 24, 2010

I cannot hear anything from my office computer. I have unchecked the mute box on the volumn control. No avail

Is it possible that if I hook up a portable speaker to my office computer it could solve this problem and that I could hear music, You tube on my office computer? Or it could be a bad sound card?I cannot hear anything from my office computer. I have unchecked the mute box on the volumn control. No avail
It might be the device drivers. To know whether ur system recognizes the Sound Card,


1. Right click on ur My Computer icon.


2. Select Properties


3. Under hardware, click Device Manager and in the Device manager window, expand Sound, Video etc, by clicking on the + symbol.


4. If u have any YELLOW ? , it means the drivers are not properly installed.


5. Reinstall the device sound drivers.


6. If possible, search and download the latest from the manufacturer's website.





Good Luck.





PS: The youtube video has a sound mute on/off button. Make sure u checked it .





Good luckI cannot hear anything from my office computer. I have unchecked the mute box on the volumn control. No avail
If you have speakers or headphones and still not getting any sound, then u will have to install sound card driver %26amp; restart the Pc. If problem continues then sound card might yhave been gone, so replace it with the newer one.
hey the volume icon is there in the right handside bottom in th etaskbar check it out
Most office computers don't have speakers installed and although u might hear beeps and sounds comming from it, its just the system sounds. Unless the moniter has built in speakers, you won't hear anything. You need to buy speakers or headphone and plug them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment