Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What is a good birth control pill with no side effects?

I am on yaz and have pretty bad side effects such as nasuea, headaches, and breast tenderness. And no I am not pregnant I took a test and it was negative yesterday. I was wondering if the mini pill was different and had less side effectsWhat is a good birth control pill with no side effects?
Every pill affects the woman taking it differently. I took the mini pill and found I spot bled continuously. Yasmin is under scrutiny for the high levels of blood clotting being reported. Talk to your doctor about different brands and what is appropriate for your body type. It takes about 3 months to adjust to a new pill.


I've tried Alesse and spot bled


Tri-Cyclen gave me headaches


Yasmin was great until they reported blood clots, which are in my medical history.


Depo-Provera shot is what I'm on currently and aside from a little moodiness for the first few days I have had no side effects.What is a good birth control pill with no side effects?
The mini pill is definitly not the way to go. That pill is progestin only and requires you to take it at THE EXACT same time every day. No fooling.


If you have only been on Yaz for a short time, your symptoms sound like normal side effects that occur as your body adjusts to the hormone. This adjustment phase takes about three months and the best thing you can do is stick with it. These symptoms do go away in time, you just have to hang in there. No woman likes their BC at first.
all birth control pills can cause all of those side effects. It really depends on your body's reaction to the hormone that is used in it. The mini pill may be better but will only be effective if you are under 175 lbs or so. Most docs want you to continue on a pill for at least 3 months, that gives your body time to get used to the extra hormones and the side effects should light up or go away. If it has been longer then 3 months I would call your doc and ask to be switched to a different pill. Good Luck
Before I read the rest of your question I was going to write Yasmin, which I think is similar to Yaz (although I know it isn't the same). It just goes to show that different pills work for different women. You should go back to your doctor and ask their opinion as they will know which pills are similar to Yaz and which are the more different ones that might suit you better.
Yaz has in fact been having many problems and is not a good birth control. But you should know that all birth control pills have a risk of giving you some side effects
maybe you should try loestrin 24 fe

No comments:

Post a Comment