Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is PMS real, or do women just need an excuse to have no self-control?

I'm not ';anti-woman'; I LOVE women. I'm just tired of dealing with this. if I'm having a ';bad day'; I just deal with it. I don't take it out on everybody. HELP!!Is PMS real, or do women just need an excuse to have no self-control?
Here's the thing, bro: you have a decision to make. Is it worth it, or isn't it? If it isn't, then drop it and get on with more rewarding things. If it is, then you're going to have to take the bad with the good.





Either way, be a man about it.Is PMS real, or do women just need an excuse to have no self-control?
I think it is real, I definitely used to get more than usually bad-tempered and like to fly off the handle at that time of the month. My husband used to either get irritated or try to be concilitory, neither of which had any effect on me at all. However, eventually, he realized that a bit of firmness was more effective than either of these tactics, and he took to just saying ';Don't get hormonal with me'; or something similiar when I got into one of those moods. I found this had a very calming effect on me.





However, when I was working (which admittedly is a very long time ago now) I cannot recall ever letting PMT get in the way of performing whatever job I happened to be doing. Women can't have it both ways. Either we're equal, or we're irrational emotional creatures permanently at the mercy of our hormones.
yes its real. Some women get it a lot worse than others, some are hardly effected by it, and some get symptoms so severe it negatively impacts their day-to-day life for that week or so.





and yea, some women do try and just use it as an excuse. But most don't, it seriously sucks.





Try to imagine, every single month, you start getting more irritable, things are bothering you a lot more than normally, you feel a lot hungrier than normal, you also might feel bloated [not in conjunction with food cravings] and as for cramps...





yea, it kind of feels like a bad stomach ache, but different. it seems the best way to try to describe menstrual cramps to a guy is this- take that painful feeling in the bottom of your stomach when you get hit in the nuts, and stretch it out over a few days. [ i concluded this after discussions with my boyfriend LOL ]





the cramps alone will put you in a horrible mood.





and then, on top of all that, you're bleeding for several days.





see how good of a mood you'd be in dealing with all that every.single.month.
Some women really do PMS. Others unconsciously/consciously use it as an excuse to let go.





I read a chart in my psychology book once where women rated their emotional state before and after their period. It showed that women tend to remember themselves being in a much worse mood directly before their period, while they had rated their mood as average at the time.





So yeah, PMS may be an excuse that women have been given by society to act a little more emotional than usual in some cases.
PMS is real, and usually happens when a woman is about to go on her menstrual cycle. There are many different severities to this, on really severe one is PMDD, which is so bad that it interferes with their daily life. Irritability is one of the symptoms of PMS. It seems more men use that excuse to rationalize the actions of an angry woman, than the woman herself.
Menstruation is a chemical and physical reaction in a woman's body. Hormone levels rise, and [in most cases] there's a considerable amount of pain, because the uterus is contracting to extract the monthly flow.





Some women experience this more than others...some don't experience it at all. However, the symptoms can be controlled. She needs to try some over-the-counter medications specifically made for symptoms of PMS and, if that doesn't work, she needs to consult with her doctor.
Any doctor can and will tell you that pms is real. But don't let women full you, just because it is that time of the month, it does not mean they are suffering from pms. that time of the month does mess with your emotions, but it doesn't mean you have pms. They do have pamphlets on it and not all women have it. allot of women are cranky around that time because they know they can use that as an excuse.
No, it is real. Some women really do suffer from it, and honestly there are times when it can make it very, very hard to be nice to others. It gets overwhelming on occasion. But you are right - it is a lousy excuse to take the rage out on others and blame it on your hormones. The best thing to do is avoid things that will make you snap, and apologize if you do snap.
no, its very real. i bet if you ask any woman if the like PMSing, they'll say the hate it. Its not something i like, or use as an excure to act like a *****. I actually wish it didnt happen.





its like.....every little thing someone does makes me so incredibly frustrated. I get cramps, and feel unomfortable. I dont use it as an excuse to act like a ***** though. i try to control everything. if that means ignoring some people because i know i will snap at them, thats what i do. but for the most part, i can control myself and not yell at people.





that dosent mean other women can do this too. its easy to get overwhelmed and cranky. its really really hard not to let PMS get the better of you. i dont even PMS that badly, and its so hard to be nice to everyone and not snap at people.





so no, its not made up, but yes, some women DO use it as an excuse. i hate it when girls do that though. just because they are PMSing dosent mean they can storm around and be mean. have some self control.
It's both.





It is real, and yes, hormonal changes do affect how you feel but it is a somewhat over used excuse.





There is no excuse to be rude to anyone. Having PMT does not somehow make you less accountable for your actions as women often try and claim.





Yes it sucks, be responsible and deal with it.
Unfortunately it's real. Poor them a glass of wine make draw them a bath and get the hell out of there and go fishing. I have her cycle in my day-planner. Listed under fishing or hunting. It's all good just make them comfortable and leave them alone. They'll be better in 5 days or so. Some are worse than others and some aren't bad at all. Some liked to be massaged, some don't just ask what you can do. Do it and get out. My girls take one for the team so can I.
While we are all responsible for the choices we make - even when PMS'ing - it does really suck for some women to go through this. We have mood swings, our bodies are uncomfortable from the bloating and water weight, etc. It's a miserable time for us so it puts us in a bad mood. I'm sorry about the struggles you're having - I really am. We can be a bear to deal with during this time.
Yeah, PMS, PMDD and menopause are all conspiracies made up by the radical feminist government which secretly runs the world. They are also pumping more and more estrogen into foods and the air so that all males on the planet will eventually become more emotional and more curious about things. Unfortunately, they will still keep most of their ';dumbass-idiot-male-genes'; (that's what they call it) which will make them over nine thousand more annoying than any woman suffering from PMS. It makes them do things like shave their back and ask ridiculous, mind-numbingly inane bullshit questions on yahoo answers. Kinda like yours!
Pms is real because if you loose a lot of blood you lose a lot of iron and if you lose a lot of iron you will be super cranky. Even besides that, if you're bleeding for a week I think you'd pretty much be cranky anyway.
It really, truly does make our nerves more sensitive, therefore we are more apt to get irritated or upset over things we normally wouldn't, and also crave foods we may normally not crave.


HOWEVER, I honestly beleive a LOT of women use it as an excuse to just be b*tches. (edit: this last part is bc they act like complete b*tches around guys, but just around their female friends make jokes about the b*tchy things they did. that's f*cked up, right? lol)
LOL ..





Im sure they do it just to piss you off dude !!! hehehehe





seriously - it is real.. although im sure some chicks exaggerate somewhat - but hey what do you expect when you think about what having a monthly period must be like !
I also thought like this, that PMS was a load of rubbish. Although when I went on the pill the extra hormones really did effects me. It made me feel extremely angry and sick and headaches. Luckily that stopped when I came off them, but I think hormones are powerful stuff.
its real u dipstick. and no, guys don't control emotions, they just don't HAVE any. and if guys had to go through all of the S**T girls do, they wouldn't even bring up this subject. DO U HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING PREGNANT????? HUH??????? OR DO U JUST LIKE TO HAVE FUN???? u have no idea what u are talking about so shut ur f**king mouth and drop the subject
I don't suffer from it myself, as it varies from woman to woman. And yes, it is very real, it can range from feeling slightly irritable to downright suicidal.





So thank your lucky stars you dont have to go through it yourself.
If you hadn't noticed,women have insulated themselves with a lifetime of excuses





Prepubescence


Puberty


PMS


Their period


Pre menopause


Peri menopause


Menopause


Post menopause





So you see women have an excuse for that ';bad day'; pretty much from cradle to grave.
It has never affected me and I have never been bad tempered or said I have had PMS. My husband says that he has never ever heard me mention it or act different and he said his mum was always moaning about it. I dont know if someone women overreact it but there are some I know where I think they do.
I tend to feel a little irritable and moody during that time, but usually I can control my emotions to some extent. Women that stomp around like Godzilla once a month are probably using it as an excuse.
It's real for some women. For other, they use it as an excuse.


Quote of my girlfriend : ';For me, P in PMS stands for pre and post';





After that, you are warned.
It's medically and scientifically observed and well-documented. Of course it's real. What's your excuse for asking such a bitchy question?
Really, what do you do? Break things? Punch walls? Men are the ones with no self control and they don't have PMS so they blame testosterone. Too bad there's no Midol for that.
my PMS is usually a week before i get my period, not early period or anytime during period. it cost up to 3 days. other than that is 1-2 days PMS at the almost end of my period.
Yes, it's real; and it's no picnic, so I thought I would at least try to help. http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Your-Si鈥?/a>


Because many of us turn into ravaging wolverines.
Dude, it's like having a really irritating stomach ache, sometimes even with a headache. It's really hard to be perfectly nice, when you're in terrible pain.
Both. Bleeding, cramps, etc can't possibly be pleasant but that still doesn't give women the right to do everything in their power to make others as miserable as they are.
Perhaps that's because you're not in unimaginable pain due to cramps or having hot flashes because your hormones are going crazy. PMS is very real but it varies from woman to woman.
I don't need an excuse. I'm Italian.
  • coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment