Friday, May 14, 2010

I have PTSD What can I do about The flash backs at night,in my sleep where i have no control over them?

I have been on meds for 3 years and Im in control mostly durning the day .If I have a flash back i know how to handle them in the day, what about at night Im being attact.what should I doI have PTSD What can I do about The flash backs at night,in my sleep where i have no control over them?
I've had PTSD for about 3 years also now since returning from Iraq. The best thing for the nightmares or night attacks is to write it down and figure out what's happeneing. I was having nightmares for a while until I decided to play out the dream on paper. Your dream is connecting you to the incident that caused your trauma. To get past it you have to face it. There is a core event that started your trauma. You can't be rid of the dreams or emotions until you've come to terms with whatever happened.I have PTSD What can I do about The flash backs at night,in my sleep where i have no control over them?
I have PTSD. I have found that having a nice calming night time routine helps to decrease the flashbacks. I listen to some instrumental music and try to read a little in a novel. If you can focus enough to read, this is very helpful because it puts a different image in your head, than the scary ones.





I would suggest going to www.bein.com/trauma It is an awesome online support message board. It has helped me tremendously.
I'm sorry to hear that. Just pray each and every night. Ask that you don't have any disturbing dreams. After my mom died, I had really upsetting dreams about her and I got scared to go to sleep. I really hope all this stops for you. Best wishes.
if your ex military go back to the va hospital.you need to change medsi too suffer from it and anziety plus depression.
First of all, why do you have PTSD? Are you a combat veteran or have you been exposed to some other traumatic event such as violent crime, or a serious accident involving loss of life, etc?





If you are a veteran then speaking with your pastor (or preacher from whatever particular faith you follow) about the actions leading to your condition might help. Other places to seek help could be your primary care physician or mental health professional. There are many support groups available also.
You can prevent them by taking Alprazolam or Lorazepam before going to sleep, but these are very addictive. I don't know which med you are taking for 3 years, may be you need to switch to another drug. Paroxetine and Sertraline are very effective for PTSD. Talk to your doctor, must be a clinical psychiatrist.





more info here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PTSD
I went through a bankruptcy very reluctanctly and was not handling personal problems well. I went to a doctor and have been on anti-depressants for about 10 years now. He said that my seratonin levels were way down. (Seratonin is a hormone that helps you maintain a happy self) I had flashbacks and mood swings. He put me on Cymbalta which is similar to Prozac. I am much, much better now. But I still have occasional flashbacks and mood swings. Ask your doctor about Cymbalta. Also, talk to a good psychologist that will give you advice..

No comments:

Post a Comment