Friday, May 14, 2010

Is there a reason why I spot between periods no matter what birth control I use?

I am 31 now, and have been on birth control for the better part of 14 years. I have tried Loestrin, Allesse, Ortho-Tricyclen %26amp; the Patch. I started spotting on a regular basis while on the patch, and continued to spot even after discontinuing the Patch for 6 months. I have been on Ortho-Tricyclen again for the past 3 months, and still spot in between periods. My ob/gyn says nothing is the matter, but frankly I'm getting a little frustrated because I feel like I'm the only one. At first I thought the problem was a hormone imbalance, but since it continues despite my form of birth control, I am wondering if it is something else. I have no children, but I did have a miscarriage in 2003.





Has anyone else had this problem? Serious answers only- please.Is there a reason why I spot between periods no matter what birth control I use?
i was in the same situation as you. i have been on some form of birth control since i was 15. i've tried a variety of pills, depo provera, and norplant. i'm currently on nuva ring with no breakthrough or irregular unexpected bleeding. the next time you change birth control, make sure you go through one natural cycle before starting. timing is everything. good luck. i know spotting all the time is miserable and a big hinderance to your sex life.Is there a reason why I spot between periods no matter what birth control I use?
I have heard that is common to have a little spotting while you are ovulating, so maybe your body is doing this when it should be ovulating. You shouldn't be ovulating since you are on the pill. Ortho is a low dose of hormone though, so maybe you need something stronger. It seems odd that your doctor would not recommend that though. Maybe get a second opinion.





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment