Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Off birth control, no period for two months, negative test?

I had been on birth control for four years and I got off of it two months ago. I have not had a period yet. I took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative. I've gained 5 lbs and three days ago I began feeling a slight discomfort in my lower abdomen. It comes and goes and moves from right to left. Whats going on?Off birth control, no period for two months, negative test?
It's normal for your body to take that long to go back to normal. The weight gain and discomfort could be signs of pregnancy, but it's also quite possible that you are just adjusting to life off of hormones. If you're worried, maybe wait a week and take another pregnancy test, or consult your doctor, but my best guess is that you're fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment