Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I just got off the birth control pill, no period and my doctor did a pregnancy test and it was negative.?

I don't know what's going on? I was on the pill for 2 and a half years and not sure if this is normal after getting off the pill. Please help?I just got off the birth control pill, no period and my doctor did a pregnancy test and it was negative.?
You've been supressing your own natural hormonal cycle for 2 1/2 years, it's going to take a while for it to re-establish itself into the regular monthly pattern. It can take up to a year to do that, and meanwhile you will just have to be patient. Some people rebound quickly, within a month or so- but that's not that common. Most take somewhere around 6 months, some even longer. All you can do is wait, and test if you are concerned. You can ovulate at any point, and will do so before the period happens. The longer you take the pill as a rule, the longer it takes for the body to reset. You are perfectly normal, and just need to be a little more patient with your body, that's all.I just got off the birth control pill, no period and my doctor did a pregnancy test and it was negative.?
This is very normal. The same thing happened to me, so I spoke to my gynecologist about it. Your body is not used to not receiving hormones every day, and it needs some time to acclimate. Last time I went off the pill, it took me 3 months to get a real period, and still it wasn't regular for a while after that. It doesn't mean you're infertile or anything, so make sure you use protection if you don't want to become pregnant.





I hope you find that reassuring!
This is completely normal and your doctor should have told you so. When you stop taking the pill, it can take a long time to get your normal cycle going again. When I stopped a couple years ago, it took 4 months to get my period.
thars normal give it a few months then dont worry about getting pregnant just have a good time it will happen before you know it
It can take all the way up to a year when getting off some type of birth controls to get your period back. You can still get pregnant even though your period is absent.
its nothing. youre period is late, no big deal. it happens. it takes time for your body to readapt itself after having been on the pill for so long. xox
yes it is normal until your cycles catch up
periods fluctuate for a lot of reasons, especially when you change your chemistry by getting on or off the pill.





oh and it could also be that youre very out of shape, which is unhealthy and has very bad impacts on your life.





Its funny how people on here ask questions about how to control your weight, ITS CALLED GETTING OFF YOUR COMPUTER. LOSING SERIOUS WEIGHT IS ONLY DONE BY CHANGING YOUR SEDIMENTARY LIFESTYLE ewwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment